The TV/US-X (Tube Fitting/Ultra Surface Sensing) temperature control valve operates the same as the US/S-X valve where the sensing end is either immersed in the process fluid or mounted non-invasively via a hose clamp on the outside of the pipeline. The differences are that the heating media is connected with tube compression fittings instead of pipe fittings and the Cv is around half of the US/S-X valve.
When immersed in the process fluid, the thermal actuator senses when the temperature rises above the valve’s set-point and closes to keep the process fluid heated at a specified temperature within a 10°F differential. For example, a 90°F valve would open at 90°F and close at 100°F, keeping the process fluid between 90 – 100°F.
The valve can also be mounted with the band-o-let fitting on the outside of the pipeline and the temperature is sensed through thermal conduction.
These compact self-contained control valves can maintain very tight temperature control of any number of control loops using steam, liquid phase heat transfer media such as Dowtherm®, hot water, hot oil, glycol, compressed air, etc. Sample heating applications are commonly controlled by the TV/US-X, but they can be used whenever accurate, low cost control is required.
The reverse-acting model, TV/US-XR can be used to regulate flow to protect a system or process from overheating.
- Exclusive self-actuating Thermoloid® wax blend thermal actuator
- All stainless-steel construction
- Compact low mass – fast response
- Ram-type plug for reliable shut off
- Narrow temperature band
- Unaffected by pressure variations
- Self-operating – no external power source required
- Prevents process overheating
- Discharges minimum amount of media for temperature control
- Maintains optimal process temperature
- Quick and easy installation
- Long service life
783 - 0X0000 - XXX
784 - 0X0000 - XXX