The HAT/RA (reverse-acting heat actuated trap valve) is designed to monitor, control, and regulate flow, utilizing a temperature control actuator to constantly sense in-line fluid temperature. Since it is what we classify as reverse-acting, the valve will open on rising temperatures.
As the fluid temperature increases to within the operating range of the HAT/RA, the thermal actuator modulates the valve open. If the fluid temperature is above the valve’s set point, the valve will continue to modulate open allowing additional fluid discharge.
As the outlet temperature falls, the valve then modulates toward the closed position, reducing flow. This modulating action maintains a relatively constant fluid temperature even as operating conditions vary.
The HAT/RA valve may be used to regulate the flow of cooling water, glycol or other cooling media in applications requiring economical removal of heat from equipment or a process. Since the HAT/RA valves open on rising temperatures, they can be used in many thermal relief valve applications.
- Exclusive self-actuating Thermoloid® blend paraffin wax actuator
- Compact low mass – fast response
- Corrosion-resistant – long service life
- Operates in narrow temperature band
- Stainless steel body, fittings, spring, and plug
- Two wrench flats for easy installation
- Ram-type plug for reliable shut-off
- Self-operating – no external power source required
- Maintains constant discharge temperatures
- Unaffected by pressure variations
- Wide choice of set points
- Operates in any orientation
- Conserves water