Utilizing a thermostatic wax actuator, the TV/HAT (Tube Valve/Heat Actuated Trap) responds only to fluid temperature to control a system. After condensate forms and cools to the valve’s set point, the valve modulates the flow to maintain a constant condensate discharge temperature. During start-up, the TV/HAT is wide open for rapid venting and initial heat-up and then will adjust based on fluid temperature. After shutdown, the valve is self-draining to eliminate freeze damage.
For heating of temperature-sensitive instruments or process fluids, the reduced temperature available for tracing simplifies operations and eliminates overheating problems. For other heat transfer fluids, the TV/HAT valve maintains a constant discharge temperature, thus providing the benefits of accurate process temperature control and improved efficiency.
TV/HAT valves are ideal for use in conjunction with tracer tubing and tracing systems using pre-traced tubing bundles. These valves are optimal for replacing conventional steam traps on winterization tracing, instrument tracing, condensate return system freeze protection, tracing for processes under 150°F (65°C), and other applications requiring in-line flow control based on temperature.
- Exclusive self-actuating Thermoloid® blend wax thermal actuator
- Stainless steel body, fittings, spring, and plug
- Corrosion-resistant – long service life
- Compact, low mass for fast response
- Ram-type plug for tight reliable shutoff
- Operates in narrow temperature band
- Standard fittings are Parker A-LOK, but Swagelok are also available
- Self-operating – no external power source required
- Eliminates live steam losses
- Downstream actuator for greater sensitivity
- Unaffected by pressure variations
- Wide choice of set points
- Operates in any position
- Easy to install