The TV/SC-I (Tube Valve/Steam Control Instrument Enclosure) valve is installed into the wall of the enclosure so that the thermal actuator end is inside to sense the ambient temperature. The thermostatic wax actuator regulates the steam supply to the heater to accurately maintain the desired temperature, operating like a thermostat in an oven.
Heat radiating from the steam coil heater reaches the actuator and will cause it to quickly shut off the steam supply when the desired temperature is reached, regardless of outside ambient to provide the optimal temperature within the enclosure and reduce wasted steam costs.
The TV/SC-I is often used for freeze protection with steam as the media, to maintain optimal temperatures for instrumentation and analyzer equipment within an enclosure. This self-contained compact thermostatic control valve is a reliable, economical alternative to costly, hazardous electric heating.
In cooling applications, the reverse-acting TV/SC-IR can be used to regulate the flow of glycol, water, air or other cooling media.
- Exclusive self-actuating Thermoloid® wax blend thermal actuator
- Stainless Steel body, fittings, spring & plug
- Compact low mass – fast response
- Corrosion-resistant – long service life
- Ram-type plug for reliable tight shut-off
- Direct-acting (No pilot valve)
- Compatible with standard tubing and connections
- Self-operating – no external power source required
- Maintains enclosure temperature within a specified range
- Eliminates danger of overheating and explosion hazard
- Long service life
- Unaffected by pressure variations
- Quick and easy installation