The reverse-acting TV/US-XR (Tube Fitting/Ultra Surface Sensing) cooling control valve opens on rising temperatures to allow cooling fluid in to keep a process from overheating. The valve may be installed so the valve’s thermal wax actuator is immersed in the process fluid or mounted non-invasively to the pipeline with a band-o-let fitting.
The wax actuator automatically and continuously senses the process temperature either directly or through thermal conduction to modulate the valve open/closed and regulate the flow of cooling media.
These compact self-contained control valves can be used to control cooling media to economically remove heat from equipment or a process. Controlling air flow to a vortex cooling device controlling cooling media flow to a sample cooler in response to sample temperature are common applications.
The direct-acting model, TV/US-X is designed to monitor and control the flow of heating media to protect facility pipelines from freezing.
- Exclusive self-actuating Thermoloid® wax blend thermal actuator
- All stainless-steel construction
- Compact low mass – fast response
- Ram-type plug for reliable shut off
- Narrow temperature band
- Unaffected by pressure variations
- Self-operating – no external power source required
- Prevents process overheating
- Discharges minimum amount of media for temperature control
- Maintains optimal process temperature
- Quick and easy installation
- Long service life
793 - 0X0000 - XXX
794 - 0X0000 - XXX