As the fluid temperature increases to within the operating range of the ECONO/HAT-RA, the thermal actuator modulates the valve open to discharge the over-temperature fluid. If the temperature is above the acceptable range, the valve will continue to modulate open allowing additional fluid discharge. As the outlet temperature falls, the valve then modulates toward the closed position, reducing flow.
This modulating action maintains a relatively constant fluid temperature even as operating conditions vary. This water discharge can be collected, reused, or repurposed to reduce waste.
ECONO/HAT-RA is primarily used for thermal relief on booster pumps to keep them cool during idling. It can also be used to control cooling water outlet temperature or flow of cooling water, glycol, or other cooling media in applications requiring economical removal of heat from equipment or a process.
Since ECONO/HAT-RA valves open on rising temperatures, they can be used in many other thermal relief valve applications. These valves save space, install in seconds, and eliminate the use of extra, expensive, and time-consuming piping. The unique ram-type plug & seat provide reliable, tight shut off longer than any other design available.
- Exclusive self-actuating Thermoloid® wax blend thermal actuator
- Compact, low mass
- Corrosion-resistant, long service life
- Ram-type plug for tight, reliable shutoff
- Narrow temperature band
- Self-operating – no external power source required
- Protects pumps and pump seals from over-temperature damage
- Prevents scalding water from being distributed to users
- 100% mechanical thermal relief for booster pumps and cooling jackets
- Unaffected by pressure variations