The TV/SC-A (Tube Valve/Steam Control-Ambient Sensing) valves can be used to turn on steam, air, gas, or liquids compatible with Teflon® and stainless steel in response to ambient temperature changes to protect piping and instrumentation from freeze damage.
The thermostatic actuator located at one end of the TV/SC-A (thermally isolated from the body of the valve), will automatically open or close within a 10°F (5.6°C) differential (e.g. 35°- 45°F) to provide an optimal fluid temperature. The valves are normally closed and will begin to open to inject steam or another fluid when the ambient temperature drops below the valves’ set-point. The valves will close again once the air temperature rises back above the valves’ set-point, saving thousands of dollars in wasted operating costs.
There are hundreds of applications for these compact, self-contained, automatic steam control valves.
Most often used in steam tracing applications, these self-actuating valves can also be used in the operation of pneumatically operated pumps for injection of antifreeze liquids and instrument enclosure temperature control (See ITCH product sheet).
- Exclusive self-actuating Thermoloid® blend wax thermal actuator
- Stainless-steel body, fittings, and plugs
- Compact, low mass – fast response
- Corrosion-resistant – long service life
- Ram-type plug for tight reliable shutoff
- Wide choice of set-points available
- Large flow coefficient (Cv)
- Self-operating – no external power source required
- Economically controls fluid flow
- Reduces operating and labor costs associated with winterization procedures
- Eliminates steam waste in tracing
- Standard tube connections for quick and easy installation
- Unaffected by pressure variations
- Quick and easy installation